|Full Name||Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• In 1983, he became the leader of RSS’s student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
• In 1984, he became a member of BJP
• In 1987, he became an activist of BJP’s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
• In 1991, he campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani in Gandhinagar during Lok Sabha elections.
• In 1995, he was elected as an MLA from the Sarkhej Constituency in Gujarat and went to become an MLA for 4 more times from the same constituency.
• In 2009, he was assigned the position of vice-president of the cash-rich Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
• In 2014, he became the president of BJP and his strategy was credited for Narendra Modi’s huge victory in General Elections.
• In August 2017, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Gujarat.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated Congress’ CJ Chavda by a margin of 5,57,014 votes from Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
• On 30 May 2019, he became a Cabinet Ministe and took the oath as the Home Minister of India.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Date of Birth||22 October 1964|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mehsana, Gujarat, India|
|School||A local school in Mehsana, Gujarat|
|College||C.U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. in Biochemistry|
|Family||Father– Anilchandra Shah
Mother– Kusumben Shah
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Aarthi Shah
Note:Before, a few sources had reported Amit Shah wasn’t a Hindu but a Jain, he explained in a media conference at April 2018 by stating that”I’m A Hindu Vaishnav, Not Jain.”
|Hobbies||Reading, watching cricket and social service|
|Address||16, Sudeep Society, Royal Crisant, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad|
|Controversies||• In 2010, he was detained for amount of charges like murder and extortion, which dented his chances to become the CM of Gujarat after Narendra Modi. He was also banned to go to Gujarat. However, in 2012 he had been allowed to enter Gujarat by the Supreme Court.
• He was accused of”Fake Encounter Case” and was accused of having character in killings of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his spouse Kauser Bi and his accomplice Tulsiram Prajapati. CBI said that two Rajasthani businessmen forcing him to knock out Sohrabuddin who had been harassing them.
• He had been accused of damaging the evidences and affecting witnesses from the 2002 Gujarat Riots and spying on a girl in relation to the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
• Shortly after Narendra Modi-led BJP came to the energy at the middle, Amit Shah’s son, Jay Shah’s Company reported that a 16,000 times increase in turnover. He had been criticized in press with this meteoric increase. Observing this, Jay Shah filed a defamation case against”The Cable” for reporting those amounts.
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Son– Jay Shah
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances
Note:His affidavit, filed in 2019, Said his sources of income as Wages received since Rajya Sabha MP, Lease on Possessions and income from agricultural activity
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 38.81 crore (as in 2019)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Shah
- Can Amit Shah smoke?: No
- Can Amit Shah beverage alcohol? : No
- He became MLA from Sarkhej in 4 successive elections: 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2007.
- He also worked as a stockbroker and in co-operative banks in Ahmedabad. For the very first time, he fulfilled Narendra Modi in 1982 at the Ahmedabad RSS circles.
- In 2002, at the Narendra Modi’s government in Gujarat, he had been given control of several Significant sections including House, Parliamentary Affairs, and Law and Justice.
- He had been the president of this Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank (ADCB) at 2000. He enjoys chess and has been the president of the Gujarat Chess Association. In 1986, he joined BJP, 1 year before Modi joined the celebration.
- He handled election campaigns for Narendra Modi at 2014, Lal Krishna Advani in 1991 and Atal Bihari Vajpayee at 1996.
- His son Jay, is a scientist in Nirma University and will be the joint secretary of the Gujarat Chess Association. From the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he awakened L. K. Advani’s victory margin album from the Gandhinagar Constituency at Gujarat after beating rival Congress Candidate CJ Chavda with a perimeter of 5,57,014 votes.