|Real Name||Edvige Antonia Albina Màino|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• 1997, she joined Indian National Congress as a Primary Member.
• 1998, she became Party Leader of Indian National Congress.
• 1999, she contested Lok Sabha elections from Amethi Uttar Pradesh and Bellary Karnataka and won both the seats.
• 1999, she was elected Leader of the Opposition of the 13th Lok Sabha.
• the 2004 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the Lok Sabha seat from Raebareli Uttar Pradesh.
• On 16 May 2004, she was chosen the leader of a 15-party coalition government named as the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
• 2006, she was re-elected from her constituency Raebareli Uttar Pradesh.
• 2009 Lok Sabha Elections, she was re-elected from Raebareli constituency for the third term.
• 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the Lok Sabha seat from Raebareli for the 4th term.
• the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she retained her seat of Raebareli by defeating BJP candidate Dinesh Pratap Singh by 1,67,178 votes.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height|| centimeters- 163 cm
meters- 1.63 m
Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 60 kg
Pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Blood Group||B (-ve)|
|Date of Birth||9 December 1946|
|Age (as in 2018)||72 Years|
|Birthplace||Lusiana, Veneto, Italy|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India (Ancestral origin – Lusiana, Italy)|
|School||Attended a Catholic School in Orbassano, a town near Turin, Italy|
|College/University||• Istituto Santa Teresa via Santa Teresa, 10 Turin, Italy
• Lennox Cook School, Cambridge
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Three Years Course in Foreign Languages (English & French) in 1964 at Istituto Santa Teresa via Santa Teresa, 10 Turin
• Certificate in English from Lennox Cook School, Cambridge in 1965
|Family||Father– Stefano Maino
Mother– Paola Maino
Sisters– Anushka (elder), Nadia (younger)
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Cooking, Yoga, Interest in Modern Art|
|Major Controversies||• Throughout her career, she has been criticized for her involvement to cover-up the Bofors scam.
• During the tenure of Manmohan Singh’s government, she was criticized for being the Super Prime Minister.
• She was also accused of helping her aid Ahmed Patel whose name appeared in the Augusta Westland chopper scam.
• She had to face embarrassment when her son-in-law’s name (Robert Vadra) appeared in the real estate scam.
• In 2016, she had to appear in court in the National Herald Case in which she is accused of violating Income Tax Act 1961.
|Favourite Food||Ice-Creams, Salads|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||25 February 1968|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Franco Luison (Italian footballer, she allegedly dated him in the 60s;|
|Husband||Rajiv Gandhi, Former Indian Prime Minister
|Children||Son– Rahul Gandhi
Daughter– Priyanka Gandhi
|Car||Nil (as per her affidavit filed in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections)|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Deposits: Rs. 16.59 Lakh
Bonds & Shares: Rs. 2.75 Crore
Gold Jewellery: 1267.30 gm Gold Worth Rs. 24 Lakh
Silver Jewellery: 88 kg Silver worth Rs. 35 Lakh
Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 7.29 Crore (a 3 bigha land in village Deramandi, New Delhi & a 12 bigha land in Village Sultanpur, Mehrauli, New Delhi)
Residential Building: Share in the inherited property in Italy (value not given)
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 11.82 Crore (as in 2019)|